Saturday, May 1, 2010

Too much is given much is required! Luke 12:48

Have you ever wonder why people hold you to a higher standard? Do you ever feel like some people can get away with murder and you can’t get away with telling a little white lie?  The simple answer to this is you are a child of God and he has called to a higher standard. You are Magnificent and He wants what is best for you! There are just certain things that we can’t do. You see we see ourselves like everyone else, but we must remember that we are not like everyone else. We are Kings and Queens dwelling on this earth.

For example think if President Obama was on facebook posting how drunk he was at the platinum last night. We would be ashamed to say we voted for him as our president because we hold him to a higher standard. That is the same standard that we as children of God should hold ourselves and friends to. Unfortunately we don’t see ourselves as being on the same level as President Obama. We see ourselves as everyone else!

I know that I have been wrong so many times, but I continue to love and forgive.
I ask myself often why do I forgive people, but I guess it is the God in me.
I realize that I am a Christian and God has shown me grace and mercy and therefore I have to do the same. God doesn’t keep record of my wrongs so who am I to keep record of anyone else’s. God has blessed me and you. He gives us chance after chance so what right do we have to not give a second chance!


Peace and blessings!

No comments: