Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I AM OUTTA HERE!!!!

When you are down and out, lift up your head and shout, "I'm outta here".

Most of you all know that I meditate every morning, mostly on Biblical scriptures, but this morning I pulled out my good old Acts of Faith for People of Color. It is a cute little book of quotes in which I find to be humorous as well as insightful. This morning meditation was "When you are down and out lift up you head and shout "I'm outta here", and that is exactly what I did!!! I am so over not being where I want to be in life.

Yes, I have a good job and make more money than the average 26 year old. Yes, I have a home and a nice car but, it seems that I am still not satisfied. Content, but not satisfied. One could argue that I am blessed and I should thank The Almighty for my blessings. In which I do. Don't get it twisted I know where my help comes from!!! I also know that everything that I have was given to me by God and can easily be taken away. However, that still doesn't change the fact that I am 26, not married, and not really into anyone or anything!!!! I just found out the day before yesterday that one of my ex-boyfriends had a new girlfriend. Initially I was pissed and then I thought about it. I asked myself " Chasiti why are you upset??? You don't like him for real... you just don't want him to be with someone else because you're not with anyone!!!!" That goes with all of my ex's. So today is the day that I have had enough of this mess!!!! " I AM SO OUTTA HERE!" This means I have come to a point in my life where I will no longer feel sorry for myself due to the fact that I am not married!!!

There is more important things going on in this world!!! Our troops are dying in Iraq. We have yet to bridge the economic/ academic gap between African Americans and Whites. Gas is $4 a gallon and I could go on and on!!!!! There comes a point when we all have to be sick and tired of being sick and tired, and I am there!!! So, I am challenging you to do the same. It is time to move instantly!!! "I am outta here!" is an affirmation, a statement of truth. It gives you power to no longer be tied with whatever physical or emotional attribute that is holding you back from finding and completing your divine purpose. Commit yourself to loose weight, go back to school get a law degree or to just be a better person. Leave that person alone that means you no good!!! Whatever it is that is holding you back tell it or them "I am outta here"!!! And remember you can do all things through Christ who gives you Strength!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think a lot of us who aren't married want to be. However, especially in marriage, I think we should and must be patient. What we often think we are ready for may not be what we are really ready for. I feel your pain. You aren't the only one. I've been engaged (pretty long story), but feel blessed that I didn't get married. So many are marrying and getting divorces which doesn't help society. As I'm sure you are doing, keep working on you and maybe the person God wants for you will be right around the corner.

Msgladys1908 said...

I too have been engaged, and just like you I am very thankful that I didn’t get married… Sometimes blessing are truly disguised!!! I understand that I am not married for a reason, it is plain and simple, God isn’t ready yet!!! LOL although, marriage is a concern, that was not the reasoning for the post. I have gotten so many pity emails behind it. and that was not the intention!!! I really wanted to challenge my friends to stop complaining and count their blessings. If you are tired of being sick and tired do something about it!!! That’s all I was trying to say… I guess it didn’t come out like I wanted!!!

Eva Renee said...

You are a gifted writer.