Friday, May 9, 2008

Guard Your Heart!!!

Proverbs 4:23 Tell us to “Above all else, Guard your Heart, for it is your wellspring of life”. In reading this I thought, “This is so true.” If I never experienced bad relationships I wouldn’t be so bitter. Lol JK. Hey… if you can’t poke fun at yourself, you are a sad person. But seriously, think about it, how many of you are harboring insecurities from previous relationships??? Maybe your mom told you that you weren’t smart enough to be a doctor so you decided against going to medical school or maybe an ex lover told you that you were fat so you don’t wear certain clothes. It is amazing to me what people can say to make us change our self images. I know a lot of you are saying sounds like someone has low self esteem, but low self esteem starts somewhere. People just aren’t born with low self esteem; it is developed over one’s life. Me, personally, I was in relationship with a man that mentally abused me. I knew that I deserved better, I was just so detached from God that I didn’t have the strength to leave. I really felt like I needed him. I did everything I could to make him want me!!! I mean everything, I completely devalued myself…So sad, but true!!!!

Why didn’t I guard my Heart?? Why didn’t I take God at is word and realize that I was perfectly made in the likeness of him???? The same reason that you don’t…I didn’t want to be alone. I wanted to be loved, and I had too much pride to let it go!!! However, not wanting to be alone and wanting to be loved made me compromise myself and left my heart unprotected. When your heart isn’t guarded you subject yourself to all types of heartache!!! Jesus died so that we can have life more abundantly. This means that He died so that we can be happy!!! I had to realize that being happy was my choice!!! I had to guard my heart; but, most of all trust and believe God that there is a perfect man out there for me!!! So, I left. Now don’t get me wrong since then life hasn’t been all roses. But it s has been so much easier because I know that I have a man that loves me no matter what!!!!

P.S. This relationship strengthened my relationship with God and truly made me a better person!!! So I thank my ex for what he took me through because without him I wouldn't be the Jewel that I am today!!!!



Be blessed

3 comments:

LaurenUnscripited said...

I love it! I love your new take on life. You are speaking what so many of us feel. So true

Unknown said...

very interesting. I think it is time for you to let your guard down (smile). I think (tried) I emailed you....if not it8ez2b@yahoo.com

I hope to hear from you soon

Eva Renee said...

I loved this blog & I've had that ONE bad relationship that made realize just how much God loved me in the process.