Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Set the Standard!

Have you ever noticed how you treat yourself? I often find myself rushing and not taking the time to enjoy me. When I am in the shower I am rushing through my delicate areas instead of taking my time with my precious body. When I eat I am often in a hurry not enjoying one of the things that I love the most. :) I should be more aware of how I treat myself because after all I set the standard as to how others treat me.

Yes, that is right you set the standard as to how others treat you. Treat yourself with passion and respect. Don’t judge yourself, don’t accuse and don’t rush! Let yourself finish your thoughts with out interruptions of negativity. We are often so negative when dealing with ourselves. We are truly our worst critics.

I will be transparent. I think that I am fat! I have gained some weight and it has truly taken a toll on my self-esteem. But I must realize that I am perfectly made in the likeness of HIM. And embrace all of my insecurities and do something about them.
When dealing with ones self we must be gentle, kind and understanding. We are flawed individuals and we must cut ourselves some slack. This is something I hardly ever do, never-the-less this is something I have become aware of. It has been said that knowing is half that battle, right?

I challenge you to at some points assess how you treat yourself. Do you rush in the shower? Do you take the time to nourish your body properly? Are you kind or are you critical? Are you supportive? These are all question that you should ask yourself, because if you aren’t taking the time to treat you right, why should anyone else?

Set the best example and be the change you want to see in others!

2 comments:

Shunda said...

Great post lady!! I definitely agree...how you treat yourself sets the tone for others will treat you!

T. R. Moss said...

Chasiti, you are NOT fat! But to comment on the post, you make an excellent point. We have to treat ourselves the way that we expect others to. We have to set the standard. If we don't love and care for ourselves, how can we expect others to do it? Well said Chasiti.