Friday, January 14, 2011

Growth like the trees!

The most difficult thing to do is to be honest with ones self about who we are. We often make excuses for ourselves. We say, "I am really not like that" or "I didn't mean it that way"... But we did and we are. The little things that we do that we don't want anyone to know about, or we will never share are the things that define our character. We should really take a look at those things and decide if we like ourselves. We often see fault in other, but make excuses for ourselves. We go to great lengths to cover up our short comings, while quickly calling others out. I challenge you before you call someone out to ask yourself if you do the same thing. :)
The love of my life has help me to see this terrible flaw in myself and I am grateful. Iron really does sharpen Iron.

We all want people to see the good in ourselves, but our concern should be how God sees us. It is written that "No one is good--except God alone. Luke 18:19. We must meditate day and night on his word to walk in his will and purpose!

Dealing with your core takes a loving heart and a sensitive spirit. But when you do, it is a beautiful thing to rid yourself of the ugliness!
keeping it in prospective.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel you. I also believe we can be very critical on ourselves. Here is some scripture I think relates to your topic.

1 Corinthians 4:3-5 NIV
3I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

Proverbs12
1 To learn, you must love discipline;it is stupid to hate correction.

Psalm 139:13-14
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

1 Samuel 16:7
7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."